Top 5 Walking and Hiking Trails around Reno
Sand Harbor, photo courtesy of Lake Tahoe Nevada State Park
The experienced real estate team at YaYa Group shares their top 5 walking and hiking trails around Reno.
November is the perfect time of the year for a crisp, cool hike! Soak up a little sunshine and fresh air at any of these great spots around Reno. Whether you’re looking for a mellow stroll or a way to earn your dessert, the mountains around Northern Nevada have something for everyone. Check out the list below for our top 5 walking and hiking trails around Reno, the town we call our home.
1. Sand Harbor Nature Trail
Soak up the Tahoe views on the Sand Harbor Nature Trail in Lake Tahoe Nevada State Park. This half-mile trail loops around a small inlet with several secluded beaches. The trail is wheelchair and stroller friendly, making it accessible for all abilities and skill levels. Since it is a part of a state park, there is a small parking fee, but it’s well worth it for the stunning lake views!
2. Jones and Whites Creek Trail
Earn your happy hour on the Jones and Whites Creek Trail, a 10-mile loop with nearly 2,500 feet of elevation gain through Galena Creek Regional Park. The challenging terrain rewards hikers with incredible views of the Carson Range, as well as the wildlife and foliage that are celebrated throughout the region.
3. Oxbow Nature Study Area Nature Trail
Another low-key, family-friendly option is the Oxbow Nature Study Area Nature Trail, just outside downtown Reno. Follow the trail along the Truckee River for scenic views, fishing, and bird watching on this favorite local spot that is accessible year-round.
4. Hunter Creek Trail
Moderately strenuous at 1,240 feet of elevation gain over 6.4 miles, the Hunter Creek Trail is just outside Reno. The out-and-back trail features views of the surrounding mountains and desert scape, and rewards hikers with a 30-foot waterfall at the end. This trail is understandably popular, so be sure to arrive early (or late) to make sure you get a parking spot!
5. Virginia Lake Park
Right in downtown Reno, Virginia Lake Park features a multi-use paved trail around a lake with scenic views of the surrounding mountains. The park also houses a dog park, and playground facilities making it friendly for the whole family!
There’s no better way to explore Northern Nevada than settling down in the area! To buy or sell in Reno, connect with our experienced real estate agents today. Visit yayarealty.com to get started.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
- We found Ro and his agency by pure coincidence and couldn't be happier with the results. My wife and I had previously listed our house with another agent and broker that yielded very little interest and no results. The first time we met with Ro we almost immediately knew he was the right person to sell our house. Ro sat down with us, listened to our story, frustrations, wants and needs. He then met with his team and put together a strong marketing plan, pricing strategy, and potential contingency scenarios based on current market conditions. He immediately set up an open house that yielded more interest than three previous open houses and 5+ months of listing with our previous agent. He knew how to guide perspective buyers through our home and expertly pointed out the value in a completely remodeled home versus homes that were in dire need of upgrades. An incredible value added part of selling with Ro was every showing we had was a private showing. Either Ro, or his representative, personally met with buyers and agents at our home to be able to answer any questions, concerns, or fill in any blanks either party might have. We received an offer with in the first few weeks and Ro's pro level negotiation skills were on point. Negotiations, contracts, and closing were about as smooth as we could have hoped for. Today's current and forecasted market conditions require substantial knowledge of the industry and how to navigate the financial ups and downs that have been bestowed upon the American populous. Ro was immediately available any time we needed to speak with him. This winter has been brutal and I was beyond impressed when I saw one of Ro's associates shoveling our drive and sidewalk in prep of a showing. There are literally thousands of agents in the Norther Nevada market but I guarantee there are only a handful that have the ability of Ro and his team. If you use Ro as your agent you are getting far more than you think. You not only get Ro, but you get the owner of the agency and the other associates as well. It is truly a team approach. There is absolutely no question as to whether I would use him again. The answer is a resounding and definitive YES!
- Working with Ro and the Yaya Group was an absolute joy! Back in 2019, I was looking to purchase my first home for me, my wife, and our young son. I was fairly new to Reno at the time, so I located the Yaya Group online and decided to work with them based solely on their superb ratings on Yelp.com (I never pay for products or services unless the majority of previous users highly rate them). Needless to say, my experience then was nothing short of 5-star. That's why when I needed to sell that very same home in 2022, there was no doubt in my mind to whom I was going to put in charge of selling it: The Yaya Group. From the start of my selling process, Ro was personable, attentive, and kind; it felt like I was working with an old friend, and this in spite of the fact I had never met him before the selling process. Ro called often to check on me and my family; he constantly updated me with each stage of the process; and he fought for my family's best interests when the buyer made some questionable and altogether unreasonable demands concerning the purchase of my house. Ultimately, Ro worked it all out, sold my house over what I thought I would actually get for it, and he made the entire process effortless, painless, and a joy. I'm moving out of the Reno area, but I still have friends here, and if any of them ever ask me for recommendations for a good realtor, I'd have no reservations about recommending Yaya, Ro, and the entire Yaya Group.
- "Being a professional photographer who photographs 10-15 real estate agent headshots weekly I have had time to pick and choose my real estate agent and ask all the questions I needed years before actually needing one. Finding the person who would take 2 self employed people and get them into a home is not an easy task. A year before we found our home Yaya and team would take us out to any home that we thought might work. No questions asked. We spent nights on the internet looking for potential homes only to view them and find a reason it didn't work. Yaya never said anything negative to us about this process at all. And this is what won us over in the end. Look… There are a crap ton of real estate agents in the area but we wanted someone who would take the time to listen to us and focus on our needs. We wanted someone that would talk to us and think for us. There were many times we were anxious and nervous and just didnt know the process… But Yaya simply came over to our home and worked it out with us. It wasnt just my wife and I on this… Yaya was there too. Personality is king. Make sure your money is going to someone who deserves it."
- "Working with Ro and YaYa on selling and buying a new home has been the best experience. You hear nightmare stories about selling and buying at the same time, but this process has been seamless. I sat down with Ro and YaYa to discuss my needs, and within 4 days my home was in escrow and over the amount I could ever dream. A few weeks later I was also in escrow on my new home. No storage fees, interim living between the two homes because they listened to my needs and found a buyer willing to work with my request. They are an amazing team to work with and I couldn’t have asked for a better experience."